Saturday 1 June 2013

“I will perform Beyond Expectations of Deltans” Gov Uduaghan

1st JUNE 2013 

Delta State governor, Mr. Emmanuel Uduaghan surprised Deltans last week end when he said he knew that some people considered his government as a failure and that he is a non-performer but promised to surprise Deltans.


image
Author: By Omafume Amurun
Delta State governor, Mr. Emmanuel Uduaghan surprised Deltans last week end when he said he knew that some people considered his government as a failure and that he is a non-performer but promised to surprise Deltans.
Speaking at an Inter-denominational Thanksgiving service to mark the 2013 Democracy Day and 2nd Anniversary of his second term in office at the Flock of Christ Mission, Effurun, the governor restated his determination to “finish strong” in 2013 by delivering on his electoral promises.
The Governor told the congregation, “I know you are not happy with me. I am not performing, that I graded your road because I was coming here”. He promised to tar the road to the applause of the congregation.
While admitting that he recently had a health challenge, Mr. Uduaghan said it is sad and unfortunate that some people were ready to buy the casket for his burial, even when he had not die.
He said: “Rumour came recently that I have passed away and many people were happy about the news. I can be sick because I am human being. I actually had a health challenge recently. But I am alright now; I spent three days in Abuja over my health.
“People were spreading rumour that I was dead and they were ready to buy a casket for my burial. But you can see I have conquered the fear of death. There is so much rumour in our state, and it is unfair to spread all types of rumour. If people are sick, you should pray for their recovery and not to wish them dead otherwise, God could transfer the ill health to you”.
“We must stop spreading dangerous rumours; they are destructive rumours, they do not build the society, they destroy society and that is why I am urging all Deltans on the need to live in unity and they should help my administration to finish strong. He also appealed to Deltans to pray for the President Goodluck Jonathan to successfully handle the Boko Haram challenge, as it is a threat to all Nigerians.

No comments:

Post a Comment