Saturday 31 August 2013

I prove myself every time I play – Aluko

AUGUST 31, 2013  

Sone Aluko
SONE Aluko admits he is revelling in the opportunity to prove he belongs in the Premier League now he has finally overcome the injury woes that have blighted 2013.
Having made his top-flight debut in the opening weekend defeat to Chelsea, the Hull City forward played his part in delivering a gallant 1-0 victory over Norwich on Saturday.
The Tigers’ first victory of the season, a credible result after the sending off of Yannick Sagbo on 27 minutes, was Aluko’s first competitive appearance at the KC Stadium since January 12.
With Achilles surgery curtailing a brilliant debut season in East Yorkshire, the 24-year-old is now keen to make up for lost time.
“Every time I go on the pitch I feel like I need to prove myself. In football you’re judged on every game,” said Aluko.
“I missed 24 games last season but even if I’d played every game, I would still have to prove myself – first of all to myself that I can play at this level. To be honest I don’t care how people judge me but I want to show I can play in this league and make an impact.
“It’s great to be back playing after missing the second half of the season. To be back in the team and getting my fitness back is really exciting.”
Aluko showed flashes of the class that last season saw him touted as the best player in the Championship. One back-heeled pass to set Jake Livermore up midway through the first half had the KC Stadium in raptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment