Thursday 14 March 2013


Pastor, prophetess seek divorce over adultery, threat to life

...Wife says Pastor has four children from different women
They are ‘man’ and ‘woman’ of God. Supposedly those who are to show the light of righteousness and faithfulness. But Titilayo Oluokun a prophetess and her husband, a pastor of one of the Pentecostal churches are in court seeking to dissolve their marriage because of sexual infidelity.
Titilayo, 51, on Wednesday pleaded with an Agege Customary Court to dissolve her 22-year-old marriage over alleged adultery and threat to life.
The petitioner, who lives at 8, Aina Aladi St., Agbado, Lagos, told the court that her husband, though a pastor, went after "everything in skirt.’’
"Four women had four children for my husband in the last three years and he also has numerous girl friends; I know some of them because they live on my street.
"I was in the church sometime in 2009 when a woman came with three children, claiming they belonged to my husband, who she said, had neglected her.
"It was a thing of shame because I am the founder of the church and also a prophetess, while my husband is one of the pastors.
"I gave the woman N20, 000 and begged her; I told her not to come to the church to disturb me again and when I told my husband, he only thanked me,” she said.
The mother of two children aged nine and 18, told the court that she once brought her husband before another customary court and the case was settled there.
"In the other customary court in 2011, he was asked to write an undertaking that he would not impregnate any other woman again.
"To my surprise, he impregnated two women after that and I knew I had to call it quit with him.
Her husband, Adewale, did not appear in court and had also been absent in the last two sittings.
The Court President, Mr Emmanuel Sokunle, adjourned the case to April, 3, for further hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment