Sunday 10 March 2013

Babatunde Michael delighted with first call up to the Super Eagles

Mar 10, 2013 
The FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih midfielder has vowed to grab his chance with the Nigeria national team with both hands
EXCLUSIVE
Surprise invitee to the Super Eagles, Babatunde Michael from Ukrainian side, Kryvbas has told Goal.com that he believes his good club form is finally paying off.
The 20-year old has been playing in Ukraine for the past three seasons and has played seven times this season with no goals yet.
"I have never represented Nigeria at the senior level and so to be called up is really fantastic for me," Michael told Goal.com.
Michael was a part of the Dream Team V coached by Austin Eguavoen and he was drafted in to replace injured Nnamdi Oduamadi during the 2012 Olympic qualifier against Tanzania.
Michael gave a good performance against Dynamo Kiev last Sunday and admitted that his recent good form after some dodgy times has made him a strong character.
"My good form of recent has made me a lot stronger mentally.
“There have been quite a lot of tough times but I thank God that I am rising above them all. Sometimes, one doesn't enjoy a steady rise.
“I'm just happy to have been called up and I want to give my very best to the team," he added.
Michael is one of 15 players invited from Europe to join the 24 locally based players that will open camp for Kenya in Abuja on March 10. The game against Kenya comes up on March 23 in Calabar
.

No comments:

Post a Comment